- Our Story
Communication Science begin in 1989, when we learned about the "three-sided problem" that sends patients back to the hospital.
- Doctors and nurses, no matter how sincere, can't spend as much time teaching as they want.
- As patients, we often say we understand what our doctor is saying, but we don't.
- Even when they have the time, on the phone or in writing, patients and providers just don't speak the same language.
Now there's a problem we can fix. I have a PhD in linguistic pragmatics, how to change the way a person speaks and writes so the message gets across to people who don't have the same background.
- Doctors and nurses say healthcare is the most important thing in your life because it is the most important thing in your life!
- People who succeed at staying out of the hospital all say their healthcare is "No big deal." They do just what they have to and get on with life!
Every Care Kit begins with national guidelines and expert opinions from top medical centers and our clinical staff. Then our team "translates" the instructions so they make sense to people, like us, who are not professionals in health care.
Each Care Kit also contains the essential tools and devices to make managing your health easier. Care Kits are a one stop shop with everything you need... at an affordable price.
That's our mission at Communication Science: to help you stay out of the hospital. Let us know how you and your Care Kit succeed.
Best regards for health and Life,
Sylvia Aruffo, PhD